Contact us

Connect with us today and open the door to your international journey at Brain Tree Overseas.

Brain Tree Overseas

For questions about our courses, please contact our managers.


Local Manager
Phone +91 8684002584

For Free Consultation/ Brochure

Frequently Asked Questions

A study visa to the US, commonly known as an F-1 visa, allows international students to pursue academic or vocational studies at a US institution. To obtain an F-1 visa, you must apply to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-approved school, receive an I-20 form, pay the SEVIS fee, and attend a visa interview at a US embassy or consulate.

Yes, F-1 visa holders can work on-campus part-time during the academic year and full-time during breaks. Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) also provide opportunities for off-campus work related to your field of study.

Generally, you need to demonstrate English language proficiency through tests like TOEFL or IELTS. However, some institutions may offer conditional admission or ESL programs to help improve your language skills.

You’ll need a valid passport, Form DS-160, visa application fee receipt, SEVIS I-20 form, proof of financial support, and any additional documents requested by the US embassy or consulate.

F-1 visas are generally for individual students. However, your spouse and children can apply for F-2 dependent visas to accompany you.

Yes, you can change your major and transfer to another SEVP-approved school. Remember to follow the proper procedures and update your SEVIS record accordingly.

You can generally stay as long as you maintain your student status and make progress toward completing your program. You may also be eligible for an optional Practical Training (OPT) period after graduation.

While studying on an F-1 visa, your primary focus should be on your education. Transitioning to a Green Card typically requires a different process.

Yes, many US institutions offer scholarships and financial aid options for international students. Check with your chosen school’s financial aid office for details.

Violating the terms of your F-1 visa could result in loss of status and potential deportation. It’s important to adhere to the rules and regulations set by the US immigration authorities.